Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clean Eating Grocery Shopping

On Sunday I managed to menu plan and make a grocery list, I had planned on going to the store yesterday but a nap for my 8 month old took precedence so I didn't get to go until today.  It made for a long drawn out day, but that's ok because I got every errand done that I needed to and everyone was in a relatively good mood too.  Anyway, I didn't take a picture of my goodies, but I did do a vlog about it, so I'll post that here.  I did however promise to post what I got and how much I paid for it.  So here we go.

At the Bakery Outlet I got 5 bags of bagels for 1.99 each and 6 loaves of bread for 1.99 each which came to 21.89 in addition to that I got a military discount, which is 10% and I got 2 loaves of bread free because I spent over 16 dollars.  My total came to 19.70.  I also nearly filled up my discount card, so my next trip there I will get to pick 1 other free item in addition to any other ones I may get.  I love going to this store, it makes me feel so thrifty.

My next stop was the grocery store.  I managed to only purchase one additional item from what was on my list, AND I found everything I was looking for on my list.  Both of these things are unheard of.  I spent a total of 63.18 after coupons and my shoppers card rewards, and my additional item was bananas, not some random processed "must have," another unheard of concept.  I'm so proud of myself.

Also, while I was at the grocery store I looked up the ingredients on Goldfish, and was pleasantly surprised to see that they are a lot more healthy than I thought... I knew they weren't horrible but I didn't know how good they were, so I will not have to make them, but I'm still going to experiment with cheese-its.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment