Thursday, January 10, 2013

Clean Eating... This Should be Interesting.

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days... I started school this week and math and I don't get along so it's taken all my brain power to do the work for that class.

Lots has happened though, some of which is important to the readers of this blog, as I will be blogging about it.  The hubby and I have been working towards being healthier, and after some research and reassurance from my friends who already do a lot of these things, we have decided to start a clean diet.

For those of you who aren't sure what it means exactly to eat clean it means to avoid preservatives and artificial ingredients in our diet.  It's going to be difficult, as I am addicted to cheese-its, and oreos, Little Man loves gold fish, and we eat fast food way to often, but in the long run I think it's going to be a good move for the nutrition of our little family.  There are other things that clean eating technically involves that we won't be doing, for example we aren't cutting out milk or milk products because they are a big part of our diet.  We also won't be going organic just yet, it may happen eventually, but at this point it won't happen at least purchase wise.  Another main rule is if there are more than 5 ingredients on the label then it's not technically "clean."

I will be starting a garden this year, and I plan on eating out of that.  We also have chickens (Have I mentioned that before?) so when they start producing eggs we'll eat from them as well.

I plan on at least attempting to make homemade goldfish and cheese-its and other snacking items.  All of these food adventures will be documented here.

I hope you enjoy our trials and tribulations on this exciting experiment.

Do you have any suggestions or good recipes for clean eating?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment