Friday, January 4, 2013

It guess it means it's working...

So I have been working out since October, I started running 3 times a week.  My best friend and I decided we were going to run in a 5k, I decided I wanted to run in two and ended up signing up for the local YMCA Turkey Trot with my brother, and Dad along with my best friend and her son and our newest running partner at the time.  I did pretty good, and a week and a half later I bettered my time in my second 5k.

We live in a coldish climate and we knew we wouldn't be able to handle pushing our kiddos in super cold weather so the search began for a gym that didn't break the bank and that had decent childcare, as all three of us have 2 kiddos a piece, even though my older son and one of the other girls older sons both go to school all day we still needed it for during the school breaks and such.

Anyway, after a long search we settled on the YMCA, and I LOVE it.  I have 2 "free" hours of childcare a day.  Plus, they have a pool, many classes they offer and fantastic cardio and strength training rooms.

There is however one significant downside to the membership, I am soooo sore.  I went to the gym 3 times today, as I am trying to do per my resolution, and today we swam and then sat in the spa and my stomach muscles are killing me.  You don't realize how much exercise swimming is until you feel your muscles screaming at you later... So. Much. Pain.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment