Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This Happy Place

This is the start of 2013, hopefully this year will be great, even better than last year.  There is, after all, always room for improvement.  I know that most people think that 2012 wasn't the greatest, however my family welcomed a second bundle of joy and we were fortunate enough to go to Disneyland, which our 5 year old really enjoyed as well as go on a family road trip to Wisconsin.  So I'm going to say improvement.

I'm sure you're wondering who I am.  I'm Rachel, mother to two beautiful and energtic little boys, ages 5 years and 8 months.  I'm currently a full time student, but I'll be graduating in May, Lord willing and otherwise I'm a homemaker.  My husband is in the Air Force, thus making me a military wife.  I love this crazy life, and believe me, it's crazy.  Lately I'm occupying my time becoming a better cook, so I'm sure I'll be sharing those experiences on here, but my main reason for beginning this blog is to better document my children's lives.

I typically don't make New Years Resolutions because I know I won't keep them, however this year I am determined to better myself and I figured if I'm going to make one I should make a few.  So I decided on 5! Go big or go home, right?  I typed them up and put them in my new binder, part of the resolutions, and now I'll share them on here.

2013 Resolutions
1. Get, and stay, organized
2.  Maintain a meal plan and try at least 1 new recipe a month
3.  Workout at least 3 times a week
4.  Start a blog and post daily
5.  Keep the house tidy


Most of these are going to be really difficult for me, but I have a feeling blogging and working out 3 times a week will be the easiest (not easy, just easier than the others).  Mainly because I have a lot of things to document, since I have an infant, and I recently got a membership to the YMCA and I have 3 workout buddies and we've been pretty good about going to the gym multiple times a week.  

Anyway, thanks for visiting Our Happy Place!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment