Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Newest Experiment

As I mentioned in a previous post I live at a high altitude, which is fine.  I love it here.  I hope and pray we are stationed here for a long time, or at least until our littles are old enough to enjoy traveling the world.

I do have one problem with living at altitude, I am a baker, and baking is not fun up here, I can't get yeast to rise, my cookies need to be fresh out of the oven to be soft, the list goes on.

I have found one solution to my many baking problems though... I found some great pizza dough, and there is NO sugar in it, which honestly doesn't bother me, but it may bother some other people.  Anyway, two nights ago was our first ever homemade pizza night.

I found this dough recipe off of pinterest.  It was yummy, The Hubby said it was "GREAT."  Little Man, my oldest, and slowly becoming a picky eater, loved it.. Thus, I have decided it is a crowd pleaser.

I didn't take any process pictures, but I will if you're intersted, and I did have trouble getting the yeast to rise, but everyone loved it, so I'll work on the recipe and perfect it for high altitude and post the changes.



MMM Yum.  Our first homemade Pizza.


Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment